I started a project on my 20th birthday called One Second Every Day. Beginning at my birthday, I take a short video each day for the whole year and put them all together at the end of the year. All the videos are posted here. Check them out!

Saturday, April 1, 2023

29 One Second Every Day

 Link to video

It’s hard to believe that this is now my tenth One Second Every Day video. Since my 20th birthday I have taken a short video every day, which means I have captured a whole decade and one third of my life. That blows my mind! I originally thought my audience for these videos was others, but I’ve learned that they’re actually for an older, future me who wants to remember the great moments of life. If you enjoy watching them too, that’s simply a bonus. A few other things that I’ve learned from a decade of doing this:

  1. God is faithful! When I reflect on my journey I am blown away by His faithful love towards me. 

  2. You overestimate what you can do in one year, but wildly underestimate what you’ll do in ten. 

  3. Relationships and people are what you remember most. 

  4. Once you become a parent, your day’s most memorable moment often happens in your living room. And you wouldn’t have it any other way. 

  5. When it comes to finding music for these videos, Ben Rector is my jam.

Now will I keep doing these videos into the next decade? For as cool as it is watching myself grow from a college kid to now a husband and a father, imagine how much more amazing it would be to watch my family grow in the next decade. Cheers to another ten!



No comments:

Post a Comment